Candidates: Existing personnel at supervisory level who are potentials for promotion to managerial level.
Purpose: Train managerial level personnel to plan, co-ordinate and implement the application of airport security measures.
Duration: 10 working days.
Course Objectives: Upon completion attendees will be able to:
- Explain the origin and purpose of aviation security related instruments and the security documentation
- Apply basic concepts of management to aviation security and explain the specialist role of aviation security manager
- Plan, develop and organise the resources necessary for the efficient running of an aviation security unit
- Plan and administer the financial budget for the unit
- Advise on the development of aviation security procedures
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of the aviation security procedures
- Verify personnel are able to implement the aviation security procedures
- Advise on the development of emergency response plans and manage the security response action required
- Participate in aviation crisis management team meetings
- Legislative framework
- Management of airport security
- Management of financial resources
- Human resource management
- Recruitment and training
- Management of material resources
- Operation procedures
- Surveys, inspections and system training
- Contingency planning
- Response management